Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You've gotta laugh


Sometimes you've got to laugh. I had composed a blog and was basically whining about a change in my physical abilities. Since I'm using my laptop, not my desktop to compose this post, I decided to see if I could access photos from my desktop files to insert here. I found the photo I wanted and inserted it into a blank space ---the previous blog had not been saved. Fortunately, you have avoided the annoying experience of reading my complaint. Cyberspace just wasn't up to it today.
The labyrinth shown here is at the Casa del Sol on Ghost Ranch just north of Abiquiu where I attended a retreat for women. Labyrinths are wonderful opportunities to address issues, search for peace and/or talk to God. I first walked a labyrinth when I was in a position with heavy responsibilites in Baltimore. Walking the labyrinth didn't always give me insights to solve work or life problems although that happened on occasion. The experience often gave me a sense of peace that carried me through the day. I hope that you have one near you. It's worth the time.
May your day be filled with joy,
May you find the strength you need to deal with life's challenges, and
May you find peace.

1 comment:

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

Your photo of the labyrinth is much better than mine.