Friday, January 27, 2012

Where did the goddess go?

I was disturbed as I worked through the archeological tomes about goddess worship in the ancient and archaic times because I thought that the divine feminine had be lost. Then, I began reading Rabbi Rami Shaprio's newest book, The Divine Feminine in Biblical Wisdom Literature and a friend suggested that I read The Dove in the Stone by Alice O. Howell. By whatever name you choose to call her Sophia, the Mother Goddess, Wisdom, the Divine Feminine, she is here now an available to everyone. The search for her must be done with intention and, for those who give up easily, it may take several attempts.

The manuscript I've been working on is nearly complete and lacks only some polishing. The struggles and questions I've worked through during its preparation have given me a new strength and confidence that was lacking before. The working title for this effort is Unheard Voices. I hope that I will be able to announce its release in the next year or two.

No comments: